Mr. Bobbys World: The Song That Made Me Push

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Song That Made Me Push

Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime




Beck has obviously been around for a real long time. I remember hearing the famous, "two turntables and a microphone" on the radio. I've always wanted to have all Beck's music to really get a understanding of his sound.

I'm a huge fan of the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. There are tons of great shots, scenes, symbolism, acting, and a great movie in as a whole. I know there are a lot of things i would love to erase from my memory. Like him there are some memories i would hate to lose; The feel of playing in front of hundreds of people and having them scream for you, the nights falling asleep next to the person you love and just staring off into their face realizing how happy and in love you are, and even the cold night when you run into the street for that person to come back and you look back and notice your father there chasing after you because he worries and tears fall from his face for you. Good and bad memories i don't want to loose and hope i never do. 

I never really payed attention to this song but i knew i liked it. as soon as it first comes on in the movie thats when it caught me. This song fits. A little research and you arrive where we are now. 

I think everyone finds themselves a little down at times. You feel like you try so hard and its supposed to work but you fail. As a little child you are told that if you try your hardest you will succeed. As you grow older though, You learn there are a lot of factors that can take the success from you. I'm not trying to sound all emo/goth. I'm merely saying there are times we all get down.

As the song says, "Everybody's got to learn sometime".

I don't want to be depressed. I've gone through that part of my life. I'm done with it. You catch yourself and see what you are doing and you bust your ass to become a better person. Make yourself happy and proud of who you are. You LEARN.

No comments:

Post a Comment